Sunday, October 02, 2005
My Decision
Since school started I have been thinking about how much work I will miss while in China, So after a lot of thought, prayer and talking to my parents and guidance
councilors, I have decided to graduate early!! I think it is in my best interest that I finish off my Senior year a semester early.
My friends that are not graduating early basically want to live their Senior year out as long as they can, and I can totally understand that. If we weren't going to China I would probably feel the same way. I will definitely miss my friends, but I look forward to going back to Chase High with Chloe so my friends can see her.
Just the thought of being able to spend as much time with Chloe makes it worth EVERYTHING imaginable. Also since my mom will be taking work off and staying home with Chloe when we get back from China, I will be able to help mom with Chloe whenever she needs me to! I know it will be hard to adjust to the time difference when we arrive back in North Carolina, esp. with a baby added to the picture. I know it will be hard to sleep with a baby in the house, so I am ready to take responsibility and get up with Chloe in the night, whenever my parents want/need me to. So come January 2006 I am officially done with school and can enjoy staying at home until we travel to China to pick up my precious sister.
As I look to the future, I look at myself being closer to the person I want to be and the person I want my parents to see, a person that they can depend on no matter what..and that makes everything WORTHWHILE!!!


2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Lindsey that is so cool! I'm so proud of you!

Blogger Shannon said...

WOW. I'm not sure I would have done that. I LUVED school, especially my senior year. Still, it's not like you are going to disappear off the face of the earth, and you will be so wrapped up in Chloe you wouldn't be focusing at school anyway! I really admire your decision. Most teens have their head up their butt, but yours appears to be firmly attached to your shoulders! Good luck! Enjoy these last few months!
Shannon H.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG

Have A Little Faith In Me
By John Hiatt
BestAudioCodes.com