Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Thumbs down!
When we started the adoption process and told family and friends about "why we chose China" we knew that some people would not be as supportive as others. Some people assume we are adopting from China because it is my parents last resort for a child or "second best". Totally NOT true. That is like a kick in the face to a adopted child, that will make them think less of themselves as they grow up. I DO NOT want Chloe to think in a way that would make her feel less important because her China mom didn't want her.

I want her to understand that her China mom did love her, she loved her enough to give her a chance to have a loving family and a happy home. Chloe is loved already by my family and friends. She is the most important thing to me, she is not just a baby to me, she is a miracle to my entire family!

I had someone at school tell me yesterday that China and Chloe are just a little part of my life, and they are not of much importance. I was thinking HELLO IN THERE...DO YOU HAVE A BRAIN??? You just made my self esteem plummet! I kept on thinking about that Wizard of Oz song "If SHE only had a brain......."



4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Love your blog, Lindsey.
You are so right. It's hard to believe the way some people look at adoption. It's clear that there is complete & unselfish love involved, from birthmother and adoptive parents... all for the best of a precious baby.

I hope your wait for Chloe goes quickly!

~Amy
DTC/LID -June 2005 for our third gift from God.

Blogger Lisa said...

I saw one of the best responses yet to the question "Why China?"...

Answer: Because that's where my daughter (sister) is! That's all there is to it! :)

-Lisa :)

Blogger Kendra said...

Amen, Lisa. I always said, "Because that's where my daughter is. God put her there, then told me to go get her. Who am I to refuse!"

Lindsey, it's so refreshing to see someone (especially a young person) so unashamedly in love with their sibling. Your blog always makes me smile. I can't wait until I'm reading Chloe stories: "Last night, Chloe..."

Blogger Ben Calvin said...

Hi, i came upon your blog randomly while posting to the "Bixby Cousins" blog I'm setting up.

For what it's worth my freinds adopted a 17 month-old girl from Schzewan provence (in China)

Elsa is now almost 3, and is bright, happy and just a great person.

The adptive father is etnically Chinese (by way of New York City) and the family lives in Oakland, which has a lot of Asian residents, so the social situation is a bit different.

But all I can say is ignore the ignorant, and don't let them infulence you.

Good Luck! It will be great for you and your new sister.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG

Have A Little Faith In Me
By John Hiatt
BestAudioCodes.com