Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Love Conquers All!!

Since we started the LONG journey to adopt from China, we have heard numerious positive and of course the inevitable negative comments from people when they hear that we are adopting a baby of another race. Throughout the process, we have been faced with many setbacks and sometimes we think that maybe this isin't meant to be.

Our family and close friends have helped reassure us, and I for one am SO GREATFUL. For those reading my blog, who have expressed their view to me, good or bad, i want to thank you for either supporting our bold desision or cutting us down, based on your opinion. Those who have helped me by being rude or just plain selfish, thanks for giving me a reason to persevere.

The moment that we finally see our precious Chloe, i'm 100% positive that EVERY hurdle that my family have been through to finally lay our eyes on our China doll, will be worth every struggle in our past, and we will finally be able to see God's reason behind it all, but until that moment, I will continue to keep my eyes on the prize and stay focused on the REAL important things in life.

~~In the end, love perseveres. For us the love of a human who will be taken from a life of poverty and be transformed into a special girl that will have the chance to accomplish whatever she wants, and to spread her wings......




4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Keep on keeping on, that's my motto! I think you are doing a great job staying positive. I can't wait to see Miss Chloe's picture, and more importantly, the first pic of Chloe with her big sister!! :-)

Blogger Catherine said...

Chloe will be such a blessed little girl to have you for a big sister!

I too have run into some unfortunate comments about my adoption. Just remember - you're doing what God wants you to do and that's all that matters.

Chin up my friend! Chloe will soon be in your arms!

Blogger Jeff and Madeline said...

I know the negative comments can be difficult and unfortunately they are inevitable. I wish people would educate themselves about international adoption/adoption in general. It can be so frustrating.
The biggest thing is to remember how to teach your sister how to deal with these rude people without losing her self esteem.
Good luck to you and your family.
Wendy
PS You might want to do some research behind the "China doll" reference; to most in the China adoption community it is very degrading and prejudicial--just thought you might want to know because you may encounter some very negative comments due to the use of that derogatory term.

Blogger OziMum said...

Too true, my friend. 1 Cor. 13:13 And now abide faith, hope love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Not much longer...
Lee-Anne

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG

Have A Little Faith In Me
By John Hiatt
BestAudioCodes.com